Tuesday 29 April 2014

That's so overrated!

                      

Hey! I've decided to do a post on 2 items I bought which I think were so overrated! I bought them because there was a huge hype about how amazing they are and so I wanted to try them out for myself.
I was so so disappointed as I thought these didn't live up to the expectations I had.

Maybeline Babylips - Don't get me wrong, these look amazing, the packaging is so cool and I love the colours, however I just felt they didn't make my lips feel any different to a normal lip balm. I also think these are expensive for what they are.

Body Shop Lip Butters - These are worse! These make my lips feel horrible! I feel the butter doesn't spread easily which leaves lumps of product on my lips. The smell however is soooooo goooood in each one! 

I would love to know what you think of these products if you've tried them? 
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you on baby lips. But I love the body shop butters. Maybe it's the smell xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the lip butters do smell amazing but just didn't do it for me :( xoxo

      Delete
  2. totally agree with baby lips. love the packaging and the scent (i got the cherry one) but i didn't feel much difference to other balms.
    charl xo
    www.aplaceonthebookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try the cherry one cause I love anything cherry scented but after trying these I decided not to bother as they are nothing special. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with the baby lips. I got the blue one that you mention and it was just normal no big deal...:)

    If you want have a look at http://justabitofall.blogspot.ch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I'm actually surprised that quite a few people agree with me haha! Yeah no big deal about them what so ever :P xoxo

      Delete
  4. I was dubious about the Baby Lips so never bought it and glad I didn't. Seems it was just the "in thing" for a while haha. Glad I read this though, it's confirmed it for me. Only 3 posts into your blog and it has been most useful haha! Definitely going to follow (when i'm finished creeping!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad it's made you feel better about not buying them :p I only got them because they were on offer to be honest and to see what all the fuss was about :p xoxo

      Delete