Tuesday 4 November 2014

R.I.P Tom

                                        

A bit of a different post today and not a very happy one. My little kitten Tom was unfortunately knocked down the other night by a car who by the way didn't stop. That makes me so angry how someone can hit an animal (my mistake of course) and just leave it lying at the side of the road helpless! 
Myself and my family are absolutely heart broken for the loss of our little man. He was only 5/6 months old and we hadn't had him for all that long. He had just started getting to outside to play and obviously was very unlucky.
A woman who saw the accident happen very kindly pulled over and got out of her car to help him. Another man who stopped in his van also got out to help. He even took a piece of old carpet he had in his van and put it in the lady's car so she could lie Tom down on it while she drove him to a vet near by. I cannot be more thankful to this man and woman. 
I don't know what brought me to write about him on my blog but I feel I needed to. 
I know some people will think "for goodness sake he's just a cat" but for me he was part of our family! He was still so young and didn't get to live his life for long. Cats are everything to me so it's a tough time.
R.I.P little one. 
Xoxo

9 comments:

  1. He was such a sweetie. Rest in peace Angel. I hope you start feeling better soon, He's looking down on you.x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get my head around it either, how some people wouldn't even stop and check up on the poor little thing they've hit and help him. Luckily there are still good people out there who do.
    R.I.P.!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awful. I don't understand what goes on in some people's minds. Hope you're all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sorry! I know how hard it is to lose a pet :( hope you're okay! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is horrible, I am so sorry that you're going through this. Hope you're okay. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about Tom, such sad news I would totally be the same if this was my cat as he is the same age as your cat was. my thoughts are with you and your family. Hope you're okay xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I am sorry to hear about poor Tom. How could they just leave without any sense of car at all! How horrible!


    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bless him - he looks so cute in that photo! It is sad when you loose a pet -We have a black cat called Sammy and they become part of the family!! RIP little Tom
    xxxx

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, I'm sorry to hear this, he's so cute. The driver must be heartless, I don't understand people like that. At least its good to know there are still kind people who will help out.

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete